If at one point you get sick of having an Instagram account and want to delete it, Instagram has finally made it easy for users to do so.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to delete your Instagram account, or if you don’t want to delete it forever, how to temporarily disable it.
How to Delete Instagram Account
It wasn’t until recently that Instagram made it easy for users to delete their accounts, which is kinda smart, right? They used to direct you to use a desktop in order to delete your account, but now they made it so you can do it right from your phone.
If you want to permanently delete your Instagram account, then follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click on your profile in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click the three horizontal line menu bar in the top right-hand corner.
- Press “Settings,” then “Account.”
- Scroll down and hit “Delete account.”
If you don’t have this option, then try updating your app. If it still doesn’t appear, then chances are the update isn’t available in your area yet.
How to Delete Instagram Account on Desktop
If you already have your computer out and want to delete your Instagram account on your desktop, then that’s fine too. Here’s how:
- Open your browser.
- Follow this link where it will take you to the delete your account page.
- Enter the reason you want to delete your account and your password.
- Click the blue delete button on the bottom of your screen.
How to Get Instagram Account Back After Deleting
If after you delete your account you want to bring it back, you’ll only have 30 days to do so. After the 30 days is up, you’ll have to make a new account. The good news is that you’ll probably be able to use the same username unless someone else was quick enough to take it before you!
But, if you decide within 30 days that you want your account back, then you’ll be able to enable it again with everything left untouched. Follow these steps to get your account back:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Log in with your information.
- A message will appear that says you requested for your account to be deleted, hit “Keep Account” instead to save your account.
How to Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
If you only want to get rid of your Instagram account for a short amount of time, then Instagram lets you temporarily disable, or suspend, your account. This means that you’ll be removed from the app and no one will be able to find your account, but it doesn’t mean that your account is deleted altogether.
You’ll have to use a desktop for this part, so follow these steps to do so:
- Open Instagram.com in your browser.
- Go to your profile icon in the top right-hand corner, then click “Settings.”
- Make sure you’re on the “Edit profile” tab, then scroll down to where it says “Temporarily deactivate my account” in blue letters.
- Instagram makes you give them a reason why you’re deactivating your account, so just enter that information in then you’ll be good to go.
Everyone knows that being on social media can be stressful sometimes. Whether you want to take a short break from Instagram or a break that lasts forever, they offer you the option of both to get rid of your account.
Take what you’ve learned from this article and decide if you want to delete your account. Just remember, you won’t be able to get it back after 30 days, so think before doing so.